BEER WEST MAGAZINE: Winter 2010
LOOK WHAT ELSE IS INSIDE!
- Seattle’s Fremont neighborhood has been without a production brewery to call its own for awhile now. Thankfully, longtime Seattle residents Matt and Sara Lincecum stepped in to fill the gap with Fremont Brewing Company.
- Portland’s newest bottle shop, The Beer Mongers, offers carefully selected bottles, organized by style as opposed to region or producer.
- The John John Project: the next chapter for Rogue Ales.
- Alan Sprints from Hair of the Dog Brewing Company in Portland, OR answers reader-submitted questions.
- Re-Calculating the BAC Chart: The “one-beer-per-hour” rule hardly applies to high ABV craft beer. So what exactly constitutes drinking responsibly? Test your BAC with these revised craft beer charts.
- Spend a day in the life of Northern California “Homebrew Chef” Sean Paxton.
- New generations of drinkers are discovering ‘rauchbier,’ a German word meaning literally, “smoke beer.” The result? Bacon in a glass.
- Brew your on batch of toe-curling winter warmers.
- California Dreamin’: Roadtrip with Editor, Megan Flynn, to some of California’s most innovative breweries.