BEER WEST MAGAZINE: Winter 2008
LOOK WHAT ELSE IS INSIDE!
- Check out one of Washington’s newest bottle shops, 99 Bottles, in Federal Way
- Astoria, Oregon’s newest brewery Fort George offers unique beer selections and homemade sausage.
- Golden Valley’s Mark Vickery melds the wine and beer worlds by fermenting his brew in wine barrels.
- Do Cascade, Nugget, Mt. Hood, or Willamette hops sound familiar? Meet Alfred Haunold, the Oregon scientist responsible for creating numerous hop varieties.
- Learn how Seattle chef Daysha Fritz became one of Washington’s premier beer chefs.
- Think you can only pair cheese with wine? Read our pairing guide to beer and fondue and you may change your mind.
Beyond the NW
- Be prepared for your next trip to England with our guide to navigating British pub culture.
- Discover Eugene breweries and beer hot spots by bike.
- Have you ever wondered what flavors hops impart on your beer? Learn about commonly used hops in traditional beer styles and then brew your own hoppy beer!