BEER WEST MAGAZINE: Summer 2010
LOOK WHAT ELSE IS INSIDE!
- One of Seattle’s newest breweries, Odin, takes a step back from hoppy IPA by brewing a crisp, clean Kolsch and a food-friendly ruby ale.
- Do you love cheese and beer? Practice pairing your favorite cheeses and beer at Steve’s Cheese in Portland, Oregon.
Meet The Brewer
- Portland’s Van Havig, head brewer at Rock Bottom, shares his thoughts and insights on the best (and worst) parts of being a brewer.
- Check out the quirky side of Portland’s culinary scene in our inside look at the city’s growing food cart culture.
- Plan a summer beer tasting at home; from glassware to tasting techniques, you’ll become an expert in no time.
- Need a break from beer? Try adding wine and bubbles to your next social event with these summer cocktails.
- Olympia, Washington: This capital city is filled with more than stuffed-shirt law makers. Journey through Olympia’s unassuming food and drink scene.
- Pilsner can no longer be defined as just a “fizzy, yellow beer.” Learn what makes this style unique, brew your own at home, and check out locally made pilsners.
- Parting shot: Tombstone of Thomas Thetcher, The Hampshire Grenadier.