BEER WEST MAGAZINE: Spring 2009
LOOK WHAT ELSE IS INSIDE!
- Seattle beer lovers have a new friend in Everett, Washington. Balefire offers an extensive beer and wine selection perfectly paired with small plates.
- Bridgetown Beerhouse is the only bottleshop – and a welcome addition – in Portland’s Mississippi neighborhood.
- Patience is a virtue, and one most people don’t have the time to prescribe to.
Enter: Rick Allen of Heater Allen Brewing and his all-lager lineup. Committing to lagers means patience, delayed gratification, and some serious waiting.
Chef: The Anatomy of a Seasonal Beer Dinner
- So you want to plan a beer dinner using fresh ingredients but don’t know where to start? Get help from Chef Sean Paxton, and create an outstanding dinner prepared with your favorite local and seasonal ingredients.
- Ole, ole! Learn which beers go best with your favorite South-of-the-Border eats.
- Most discussions of Farmhouse-style ales provoke two buzzwords: rustic and local. Upright Brewing in Portland is introducing these beers – defined by philosophy and geography – to the Northwest.
- What does a “Beer Guy” do, anyway? Walk through a day in the life of a local beer distributor.